Friday, September 12, 2008

Great Goodwill finds!


My Goodwill finds for the week! Quite a load of useful stuff for just $32.

Goodwill is an excellent place to find gently used items of all types for really cheap! I shop there often for clothes for my kids and myself, and I find great household items there too.

This week I've been there twice! For $32 here's what I got:

* Girl's bike in great condition -- $8
* Electric skillet in great condition -- $8 (we were just saying we needed another one)
* School outfit, top and bottom -- about $2 each piece
* Three-piece dress outfit (I got the pieces from three different racks, a skirt, top and wrap) -- about $2 each piece
* Two pairs of barely worn girls' shoes (they're too big for anyone right now but with as many girls as I have it won't be long before someone can wear them) -- $2 each
* Lunch box, brand new -- $1.50
* Few other little assorted things (hair rubber bands, etc.) -- $2.30 in total

These things were all in excellent condition and will get lots of use at my house!

Goodwill's prices are a bit more than what you would pay at a yard sale but then again you don't have to wait until the weekend or sort through piles of stuff that probably should have been thrown away!

Sometimes I go into Goodwill looking for certain things and come back out with them. Sometimes I'm looking for something and leave with things totally different. And sometimes I just go in there to see what treasures I can find!

No comments: