Saturday, September 20, 2008

Request free samples the easy way!

The world of free samples is an exciting one! It's an excellent way to try new products and save a bit of money in the meantime. There are a few things you'll want to do to make things easier.

* Set up an email address that is strictly for free sample requests. You shouldn't get spammed but sometimes to get the free sample you sign up to get a newsletter, too. Some of the free sample sites I visit (see below) offer a newsletter that you'll want to subscribe to as well. Some request forms require you to confirm your request before you can receive it so don't forget to check your free sample email every few days. Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, and Mail.com are just a few excellent free email services. Yahoo now has the Ymail and Rocketmail domains, and Hotmail now has Live. Mail.com has an endless variety of domains including Email.com, USA.com, and many others.

* Set up an Internet phone number. I use AIM Phoneline. It's free and you can either take the call or let it go to voicemail. You almost always have to enter a phone number and most people aren't comfortable with giving out their landline or cell phone number.

* Download either the Google toolbar with AutoFill or RoboForm for one-click form-filling. I was filling out forms line by line until I realized that I didn't have to. You just download the program and then go in there and put as much or as little information as you want. I just entered the information that is typically asked on a free sample form: name, address, email, phone number, and birthdate. When you open a form for a free sample, simply click the AutoFill box or RoboForm identity box and presto, the form is filled out for you.

* Bookmark some great free sample sites and visit them every day:

Mommy Jobs freebie board (This is my Internet home; I post links to most of the samples I send off for here)

Frugal Inspiration (The best freebie board I've seen on the Internet; she has categorized all the freebies)

My Savings (They list new additions and user favorites)

Free Sample Forager (A great freebie blog)

My Precious Pennies
(A sidebar listing of freebies I haven't seen anywhere else)

Walmart.com (Go to "In stores now" and then "free samples")

Money Saving WAHM (That's this blog. I post links to samples I've received and will soon start posting links to ones I've requested.)

Most of these sites don't make anything from posting links to free samples, so be sure to visit one of their advertising sponsors while you are there!

Happy free sample requesting!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow, thanks so much for all this information- a lot of it I didn't know!